Tuesday, February 17, 2009

God's most important job for WOMEN

We sometimes don't realize the magnitude of the responsibility that God has entrusted us with.

I was reading Lady Lydia's blog last week and ran across this.

What really struck me was that the home is a powerful place and EVERYONE comes from one. EVERYONE. Whether you live in a mansion or a shack, the physical place makes no difference.

It is the atmosphere created inside the dwelling place that makes all the difference. Did you get that? It is the atmosphere created inside the dwelling place that makes all the difference.

We signed a song in church a long time ago about setting the atmosphere for worship, for ushering in the presence of the Lord.

What sort of atmosphere reigns in your dwelling place?

2 comments:

momwithbrownies said...

You just ministered to my heart Ellen. You are so right. I felt His Spirit right through the computer screen.

I think I need to pray for some changes in myself so that I can make some changes in our home with God's help. Lately, it's been stress, stress, stress around here. It's time for a sweeping change. One of which is my time has to be spent in other areas besides driving around and on the computer!

Thank you.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

These are things I have been studying lately as well. I am surprised, actually, I am completly shocked, to find that there is contentment, pleasure and a satisfying sense of purpose when I run my home and my life according to God's purpose for me.