Thursday, October 25, 2007

This came up as a feature on Yahoo. . .

I think that this can be officially called a rant. This really steamed me when I read it.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119326834963770540.html?mod=todays_us_nonsub_pj

It is an article about bullying based on fashion choices.

I know, I know, that kids are cruel but how much of it is driven by what they see and hear and what is made to be important in their homes. If your child is concerned about brand labels and what others are wearing, you need to examine what is being emphasized in your home.

As parents, we control the atmosphere of our homes and what is emphasized. Be sure that what is apparant there is what you want it to be. Remember we will be held accountable.

1 comment:

Peanut Butter Kisses said...

The thing that really gets me is that this is happening in the elementary schools. What happened to a kid just being a kid and enjoying the life that they have?

It is such a shame!

You are right, it is the parents responsibility to control the atmosphere of our homes and what is being emphasized. Love God, Love others. Clothing is superficial. Don't get me wrong, I do like clothing but for different reasons then the brand that is on the pocket.