Wednesday, May 27, 2009

We need reminding . . .

2 Cor 12:

7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Just because we ask to have something removed doesn't mean that God will take it away. He may have given it to us so that HE could still use us. We are not to steal the glory that rightfully belongs to HIM!

Infirmities, reproaches, necessities, persecutions and distresses war with the flesh but in our spirits we should be rejoicing!

No comments: