Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Are you hot or cold?

Fire . . .

Re:3:18: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
Re:3:19: As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

or ice?

Psalms:147:17: He casteth forth his ice like morsels: who can stand before his cold?
Psalms:147:18: He sendeth out his word, and melteth them: he causeth his wind to blow, and the waters flow.

Lukewarm?

Re:3:15: I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Re:3:16: So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

HE can work with hot or cold. But HE chooses not to with the lukewarm.

1 comment:

momwithbrownies said...

Your post sent me into the thoughts I hold dear daily. Picking up our cross daily allows us to keep his suffering on our mind daily, thus keeping us "hot" daily. Thinking, praying, keeping our minds on Christ solidifies our desire to serve and our willingness to go to bat for Him at any moment of any day. That is what helps us to know his spirit when He calls us to help, uphold, and just send a smile to our fellow man. Once we become rooted and grounded in Christ our heart does His will easily. Well, I feel a blog coming on! :o)